09-15-2011, 09:33 AM
Bugger...those calls I sold are back up 5.80 today... :roll:
I have been considering getting out as well. My brokerage account is up 61% for the year, and I feel like I'm greedy holding out for more (especially when the S&P is down 5.48%). Already down from up 91% in July.
But like you said, I hate to miss out on a rally. I'm mostly in tech stocks, and Q4 is usually their best quarter. If the Europe situation improves, there could be a huge rally into the end of the year. For Apple especially, the announcement of the iPhone 5 coupled with another blow-out quarter could push the stock over $500.
But...if things go south...I can see +61% changing to -80% real fast...
If we keep rallying today I might get some TZA puts for tomorrow.
I have been considering getting out as well. My brokerage account is up 61% for the year, and I feel like I'm greedy holding out for more (especially when the S&P is down 5.48%). Already down from up 91% in July.
But like you said, I hate to miss out on a rally. I'm mostly in tech stocks, and Q4 is usually their best quarter. If the Europe situation improves, there could be a huge rally into the end of the year. For Apple especially, the announcement of the iPhone 5 coupled with another blow-out quarter could push the stock over $500.
But...if things go south...I can see +61% changing to -80% real fast...
If we keep rallying today I might get some TZA puts for tomorrow.
Ex SWG, L2, CoH, Wow, and War
Currently PvPing in the stock market
Currently PvPing in the stock market
